Djinn (ジン, Jin) are artificial life created from Rukh. They were originally a part of King Solomon's Household and later became Djinn to fight against the Medium. They rule over Dungeons and they are able to change the level of their Dungeon's difficulty. They sleep deep inside their Dungeon, until a Dungeon Capturer reaches where they are. According to Amon, a Djinn should not materialize on the earth. The Djinn, in the end, is a pure power that a King of the earth uses, and King Solomon created them for that reason. Yamraiha has stated that there is a bad affinity between Djinn and Magicians, that in a certain sense Djinn are Magic users too and if a Magician uses a Djinn, their Magic could interfere with each other. For that reason, a Magician cannot be a King Vessel or a Household Member.
Al-Thamen has discovered a way to use the Dark Rukh to create their own Djinn transformation technique. By stabbing oneself with a Dark Metal Vessel they can summon the Dark Rukh and transform, this however can only be done by sacrificing one's life. Dark Djinn are able to heal forever as long as there is a supply of Dark Rukh.
List of Djinn
|Ugo||Heat||Solomon (former), Aladdin (former)|
|Agares||2nd Djinn||Kouen Ren|
|Vassago||3rd Djinn||Armakan Amun-Ra|
|Amon||7th Djinn||Fire||Alibaba Saluja|
|Barbatos||8th Djinn||Strength||Mu Alexius|
|Paimon||9th Djinn||Wind||Hakuei Ren|
|Leraje||14th Djinn||Strength||Kouha Ren|
|Purson||20th Djinn||Ignatius Alexius|
|Cerberus||24th Djinn||Mira Dianus Artemina|
|Astaroth||29th Djinn||Fire||Kouen Ren|
|Phenex||37th Djinn||Kouen Ren|
|Shax||44th Djinn||Nerva Julius Caluades|
|Vinea||45th Djinn||Water||Kougyoku Ren|
|Alloces||52nd Djinn||Darius Leoxses|
|Zagan||61st Djinn||Life||Hakuryuu Ren|
|Dantalion||71st Djinn||Koumei Ren|
List of Black Djinn
- Shinobu Ohtaka drew some of the Djinn on her blog. The Djinn currently known are: Amon, Paimon and Zagan.
- The Djinn are based on the Djinn, also known as Jinn or Genie, from the Arabian and Islamic mythologies.
- In Aladdin and the Magic Lamp from the One Thousand and One Nights, Rukh (as bird) are designated like masters of Djinn.
- The Djinn were created by Solomon in Magi. This is based on the Islamic view of Solomon, according to which Solomon ruled over an army of Djinn.
- Their names, excluding Ugo and Black Djinn, may have come from the names of demons in Ars Goetia, part of the Lesser Keys of Solomon, who in turn is the creator of the Djinn in Magi.
- The name of "Ugo" could be from the French poet Victor Hugo, who wrote a poem called Djinn.
- Only the name of 24th Djinn, Cerberus, isn't directly taken from a demon name from the Lesser Keys of Solomon. This is because Cerberus is associated with the demon Naberius (which is the name of the 24th demon) and the author selected the former name over the latter.