They were all originally King Solomon's Household composed of his human followers and chieftain of other species and later became Djinn to better fight against the Medium. They rule over Dungeons and are able to change the level of their Dungeon's difficulty. They sleep deep inside their Dungeon, until a Dungeon Capturer proves themselves worthy by finding their treasure room. According to Amon, a Djinn should not materialize on Earth, but they will make an exception if summoned by a Magi. The Djinn, in the end, is a pure power that a King uses, and King Solomon created them for that reason. Yamraiha has stated that there is a bad affinity between Djinn and Magicians, that in a certain sense Djinn are Magic users too and if a Magician uses a Djinn, their Magics could interfere with each other. For that reason, a Magician cannot be a King Vessel or a Household Member.
List of Solomon's Djinn
|Ugo||None||Heat||Solomon (former), Aladdin (former)|
|Agares||2nd Djinn||Gravity||Kouen Ren|
|Vassago||3rd Djinn||Armakan Amun-Ra|
|Amon||7th Djinn||Heat||Alibaba Saluja|
|Barbatos||8th Djinn||Strength||Muu Alexius|
|Paimon||9th Djinn||Wind||Hakuei Ren|
|Leraje||14th Djinn||Strength||Kouha Ren|
|Purson||20th Djinn||Water||Ignatius Alexius|
|Cerberus||24th Djinn||Heat, Ice and Lightning||Mira Dianus Artemina|
|Astaroth||29th Djinn||Heat||Kouen Ren|
|Phenex||37th Djinn||Healing||Kouen Ren|
|Shax||44th Djinn||Nerva Julius Caluades|
|Vinea||45th Djinn||Water||Kougyoku Ren|
|Alloces||52nd Djinn||Darius Leoxses|
|Zagan||61st Djinn||Life||Hakuryuu Ren|
|Belial||68th Djinn||Life||Hakuryuu Ren|
|Dantalion||71st Djinn||Space-Time||Koumei Ren|
Al-Thamen have discovered a way to use the Dark Rukh to create their own Djinn transformation technique. By stabbing oneself with a Dark Metal Vessel, they can summon the Dark Rukh and transform; this, however, can only be done by sacrificing one's life. Dark Djinn are able to heal forever as long as there is a supply of Dark Rukh. Another method is by using a "furnace" that runs on Black Rukh and is powered by untold amounts of Magoi, this allows the sacrifice to create endless amounts of Dark Djinn that when it is destroyed the Black Rukh, is returned to the furnace to create an even stronger djinn.
List of Black Djinn
- Shinobu Ohtaka drew some of the Djinn in human form on her blog. Those currently identified are Barbatos, Focalor, Amon, Paimon, Zepar, and Zagan.
- The Djinn are based on the Jinn or Genies from Arabian and Islamic mythologies.
- In Aladdin and the Magic Lamp from the One Thousand and One Nights, Rukh (the bird) are designated as masters of Djinn.
- The Djinn were created by Solomon. This is based on the Islamic view of Solomon, according to which he commanded an army of Djinn.
- Their names, excluding Ugo and the Black Djinn, have come from the names of demons in Ars Goetia, part of the Lesser Keys of Solomon.
- The name Ugo could be from the French poet Victor Hugo, who wrote a poem called "Les Djinns".
- Only the name of 24th Djinn, Cerberus, isn't directly taken from the Lesser Keys of Solomon. This is because Cerberus is associated with the demon Naberius (the 24th demon) and the author selected the former name over the latter.
- Some Djinn, such as Agares and Valefor, have 2 appearances, one of which is a towering beastial form, while the other is much more diminuative.